Recent Posts

If you've received a foreclosure notice from your lender, one option to defend yourself is to file a lawsuit against your lender. As part of the litigation, you must obtain a court injunction preventing the foreclosure from going forward.

Before Foreclosure Litigation

Unless you and your lender agree on how to cure the default on your mortgage, you are unlikely to stop the foreclosure process without taking court action. A lawsuit must be filed with the Superior Court in the county where your property is located alleging the basis for stopping the foreclosure -- for...


HAMP® is designed to lower your monthly mortgage payments, making them more affordable and sustainable for the long-term. With its focus on affordability, it could provide just the help you need to make your mortgage payments successfully.

Application Deadline: December 31, 2016

You may be eligible for HAMP if you meet the following basic criteria:

  • You are struggling to make your mortgage payments due to financial hardship.

  • You are delinquent or in danger of falling behind on your mortgage.

  • You obtained your mortgage on or before Januar...

When a patient receives emergency room services, and the patient’s managed health care plan subsequently refuses to pay the entire bill, can the emergency service provider fight back for the unpaid balance?  One thing in California is now clear, you can.

In 2005, the California Supreme Court interpreted the Knox-Keene Act to permit emergency care providers in California to sue HMO and PPOs directly over billing disputes.  Bell v. Blue Cross of California, 131 Cal.App.4th 211, 220 (2005)

Providers (specifically emergency physicians and hospitals) no longer have to bea...

If you’ve fallen behind on your mortgage payments and a foreclosure sale is looming, you may still be able to save your home. Read on to learn about how you can file suit against your lender to potentially stop the foreclosure entirely, or at least delay the foreclosure process.

File a Lawsuit to Stop the Foreclosure

This is the most effective way.  If your lender is using a nonjudicial process to foreclose (where the foreclosure is completed outside of the court system), then you can stop the foreclosure by filing a lawsuit against the lender to challenge the forecl...

Please reload

Please reload